Technology Integration Solution at Fairfax County Courthouse Provides for Multi-point Conferencing Capabilities
Human Circuit was asked to do the initial and final system design review as well as the final systems technology integration for this state-of-the-art, centralized Courtroom Technology Management System housed in the Fairfax County Courthouse. This technology integration solution was developed in partnership with the Fairfax County Courtroom Technology Officer (CTO) and the design firm of Miller, Beam & Paganelli.
Technology Integration Solution with Expandable Features
The advanced courtroom technology system includes a centralized master control room (MCR), which provides the core routing functionality for the Courthouse Technology Management System and the audio and video connectivity between local routable sources such as, a VGA document camera, DVD/VCR player, audio interface and multiple computer AV interfaces and accommodates external conferencing requirements. A 36x36-fiber router serves as the backbone of the system and is expandable up to 288x288.
Designed to meet future demands and growth needs, the system includes and provides:
- Central technology touch-screen panels
- Electronic evidence management and presentation systems for various evidence sources
- Remote and secluded witness testimony
- Live video prisoner arraignments
- Digital docket notifications
- Assisted listening and language translation
- Court reporting interfacing
- Digital AV archive recording
- Remote courtroom overflow management